Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a procedure that involves using laser light pulses or wavelengths to remove body hair by destroying the hair follicle. You can remove hair from any body part. The most common areas patients treated include the underarms, back, bikini area, legs, upper lip, arms and eyebrows. The best candidates for this treatment are those with darker hair, as the laser beam can easily target the hair’s melatonin.
What are the benefits of choosing this method?
There are many benefits associated with this method of hair removal. Proper treatments can help avoid ingrown hairs, leave your skin soft, leave no scars, give long-lasting results and thin out any returning hair. It is also the least painful hair removal method. Laser machines, offer hair reduction after a few sessions due to its precise and fast treatments.
Ways to prepare for laser hair removal?
The steps you can take to prepare for your appointment include limiting all forms of hair removal treatments except shaving six weeks before your appointment. You should also avoid sun exposure six weeks before and after your procedure. If you do plan on going outside, wear sunscreen on the areas that will be treated, as the sun can damage the hair follicles.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal appointments are fast, efficient, and usually painless. First, the technician will trim the hair to right above the skin’s surface. The technician will take that time to set the laser equipment based on your skin color and the color, thickness, and location of the hair.
What should I expect after my appointment?
For most patients, the recovery process after removal is easy. Many people return to their regular routines. It is recommended that clients continue wearing sunscreen to help prevent irritation. Immediately after the procedure, your hairs will be noticeably reduced. Within two to eight weeks after your procedure, you may notice an increase in hair growth. There is no need to worry because not all hair follicles respond at the same rate to the laser. For the most noticeable hair reduction, you will need between three and eight sessions and a yearly touch-up session.
Before Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
· Please shave the entire area you desire treated within 24 hours of your planned treatment.
· Use a broad-spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock before AND after your treatments. Please try to avoid natural tanning anytime within 2-3 weeks before your session.
· Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, AHA/BHA, acne medication or any irritating or drying products for 3 days prior to each treatment.
· Please notify your technician of any changes in topical or oral prescription medications, as they may influence the ability to provide treatment safely or effectively.
· You may bring makeup or concealer to re-apply on facial areas or to cover redness post-treatment.
After Your Laser Hair Removal Procedure:
· Immediately after your treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort like a sunburn. You may use aloe gel or cool packs may be applied.
· You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs. This is normal and will subside with cleansing.
· Do not rub or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 3 days or until any redness and sensitivity subsides.
· Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ Jacuzzi for up to 24 hours after treatment to minimize irritation and prolonged redness.
· If a crusting or blistering develops apply Vaseline or ointment twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed and contact our office if the area shows signs of worsening condition.
· Continue to use broad-spectrum SPF 30, or higher, for the duration of your treatments.
Scheduling Your Next Treatment:
· After your treatment, the hair may appear to grow for up to the next few weeks. This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle and is not new growth. Once the hair has fully shed you may be hair free for a few days, up to a few weeks leading up to your next treatment.
· Shaving is recommended between sessions and is recommended the day prior to your next appointment to minimize discomfort. If the areas is not cleanly shaved, we may not be able to treat.
· Your session typically is scheduled in 4 weeks for facial areas, 6 to 8 weeks for other areas of the body. Adhering to this scheduled is important to ensure success of the treatments.
· Electrolysis, waxing, threading, tweezing or sugaring is to be avoided between sessions. Shaving or trimming of hair may be resumed normally during the duration of treatment.
Full Leg $290
Half Leg $184
Under Arm $90
Upper Lip $43
Lip & Chin $90