How do IPL facials work?
IPL photo facials work by targeting a beam of light to your specific treatment area(s), such as enlarged brown spots or large blood vessels. Using a series of light wavelengths, IPL photo facials remove the abnormalities throughout your face without causing damage or scarring. Best of all, IPL treatments work to stimulate your natural collagen production to tighten the tissue surrounding your treatment area(s).
IPL laser treatments work by gently penetrating the top layers of your skin to eliminate the underlying pigment and vessels causing damage to your skin. Unlike other treatments, such as chemical peels that remove an outer layer of skin and require significant healing time, the outer skin itself is not damaged, resulting in a significantly reduced healing process.
Benefits of IPL facial?
Our IPL facials use a broad spectrum of multiple light wavelengths to help individuals of all ages to achieve fresh, smooth, and vibrant skin tone and texture.
Reduce hyperpigmentation Eliminate visible veins and capillaries Reduce fine lines and wrinkles Reduce age spots and sun spots Reduce redness and inflammation Treat superficial acne scars Reduce acne scars Deep rejuvenation with little downtime Long-lasting results.
Are IPL facials painful?
Your session may cause minimal discomfort that can last between 24 to 48 hours. However, you can alleviate any discomfort with cold air or a cooling system.
What is the recovery time of IPL treatment?
Following your procedure, you may experience mild to moderate redness, which will last between 1 to 3 days. The pigment in your targeted treatment area(s) will also turn darker over the next 24 to 48 hours. However, this skin will naturally exfoliate (or flake off) within 1 week.
Is there downtime?
Your session(s) will take between 15 to 20 minutes. With minimal downtime, you can return to your daily activities immediately following your IPL procedure.
How long will results last?
Most of our clients experience results immediately after their IPL photo treatments, and these results will continue to maximize over the next week. With a series of treatments, spaced 1 month apart, our clients have reported experiencing results for several months, and even years, after their treatments! Maintenance is needed since we all do continue to age.
How many treatments are needed?
Although results are immediate, several sessions are required for a full-facial treatment. Depending on the severity of your treatment area(s), you could expect us to recommend a minimum of 3 to 5 treatments. Again, this depends on what we are focusing on and the severity. Your treatments will be spaced 1 month apart. Then maintenance to maintain results.
● Avoid direct sun exposure for four to six weeks prior to treatment.
● Do not apply self-tanners or spray tans for four weeks prior to treatment.
● If the skin is irritated from the use of exfoliants like Tretinoin, discontinue use one week prior to treatment.
● If you have a history of fever blisters, please notify us. You may need to get a prescription for prophylactic antiviral therapy to start on the day of treatment to prevent a flare-up from your physician.
● You must notify the technician if you have had any cosmetic tattooing on or near the area to be treated.
● You must notify your technician if you are on aspirin, ibuprofen, iron supplementation, anticoagulants, vitamin E, or herbal supplements such as gingko, garlic, or ginseng. We recommend avoiding these products for two weeks prior to your procedure unless your primary care physician has placed you on them for a medical condition.
● Photosensitizing medications including doxycycline and tetracycline should be discontinued three days prior to treatment.
Post Care Information
● Generally, a “sunburned” feeling in the treatment area is experienced for up to 24-48 hours.
● To minimize swelling, you may apply cold compresses to the treatment area for 10 minutes of every hour on the day of the treatment.
● Sleep on your back with your head elevated on the first night post-treatment.
● The gradual darkening of pigmentation will occur. Clients are advised not to rub the treatment area or try to scrub the area away. This is part of the healing process and should start to slough off in three to four days.
● In extreme cases, blistering, burns, or bleeding may occur; Please call your technician if this occurs.
● STRICT adherence to sun protection/sunscreen. Direct sunlight should be avoided for four weeks post-treatment.
● Resume a regular skin regimen once the treatment area is back to “normal.”
● IPL should be scheduled every four to six weeks (depending on treatment reaction)
Full Face with Neck $250
Full Face, Neck, Decollette $350
Full Arms $292
Full Legs $400
Half Legs $255